Thursday, July 5, 2012

a weekend with Debby


I decide to write this post as i feel embrace and content when I met one of my best friend Debora Silitonga and was lucky to spend a weekend with her.
I didn’t meet her for a year or so, and rarely meet her in the past 4 years.  I missed so many beautiful and life time events in her life. Sometime a thought come to my mind “what kind of friend am I”
I felt really bad when I missed her wedding even I wasn’t there when she lost her 3 months pregnancy…but Debora is Debora…she is one of a kind who is opening and giving herself totally when she commits to one relationship. And our friendship is not exception. I feel really blessed.
We used to stay late until 4 am just talking or watching a movie or gossiping about people around us. And there we were always found ourselves giggling…
We used to share every single things, we laughed and we even cried together.
However, life does change,
Time and distance do affect our friendship but thank goodness fail to vanish it. Moment to moment our lives bring us to a different direction but still we easily pick up things that we left behind. And for me that’s a beauty of friendship.

sunbathing time
We spend time at Padang Padang Beach in Bali. I choose this beach as this is one of the special beaches for me and I want her to feel special. We lied ourselves in the white sandy beach and enjoyed the sun. The water seemed so tempting with crystal clear and calm water.  We grabbed the google, wished to see beautiful fish and swam along with them.   And byuuuuuuur..we jumped in and played with the small wave.  Searching for groups  of fish, Again and again, we found ourselves giggling until we didn’t realize that we were already quite far from the seashore and the wave is getting bigger. Even though I passed my swimming lesson, my heart is still a bit tickling realizing that current brought me further from the seashore and I was about 2 meters above the ground. I glimpsed at Debora and saw her struggling as well with the current. Automatically, my brain refer to what Ajahn Bram said, “If there is nothing you can do, do nothing” what a wise advise to remember.
There was I lying on my back try to keep my body above the water hoping someone dragged me out of those currents. I felt one hand reach my stomach. It took me a while to realize that someone was helping me. I didn’t see him coming.  But I felt really grateful. In my heart I said “whoever this guy I will like him”. He released me from his hands when we almost reach the seashore and I could feel my feet touching the ground. And at the same time I saw a life guard came towards us. I was still in a bad shape and haven’t fully collected myself when I saw him walk away.
 In rush I said “thank you so much”, and easily he answered “no worries”.
Batur Natural Hot Spring
Out of a sudden I got him mystified at that point. My eyes couldn’t stop watching at his back when he walked away. Even when  me and Debora decided just to chill out at the beach and contemplated from our scary experience, my eyes kept searching for his image. Something in my heart was shaking. It stopped when I negotiated with my brain saying if the universe wants we will meet again. Since that point, I decide to keep his image somewhere in my mind so every time I miss him, I can easily visualize him in front of me.

Anyways, we always laugh when we talked about it. This is one of the moments that we fond apart additional to salsa night and pampering ourselves at Batur Natural Hot Spring.

Some pictures from our gorgeous weekend;

1. three gorgeous girls having salsa night 2. On the way to batur natural hot spring, kintamani

























No comments:

Post a Comment