Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tjampuhan River, a little gem in Pejeng


Today, like most of my Sunday, I spent quite sometimes to chit chat with some fellow Christians at the church after the service. No particular conversation but I found enjoyment spending sometimes with them as so far I saw no judgment from them on how others live their life. Not to down play any church, but I eventually can put myself among the followers at this church at my comfortable level. Funny enough as I didn’t like go to the church until I found this fellowship. And this isn`t just a routine, I am glad to slowly find back my passion  to sing gospels and clap my hands considering I am in the middle of searching myself through Buddha teaching, yoga, and meditation. It is not that I don’t believe in God, but I just feel that I live my life better as I learn a lot to love all beings, to live in the present moment, to accept, and to let go, and others art of livings.

Alright, let`s not discuss about religion and spirituality as I consider this as a private conversation.

Anyways, the point of today`s blog is a little gem that I found during exploring the neighboring villages next to Christina`s village. It was a gloomy cloudy afternoon when we decided to explore the area with bicycle. I was busy enjoying the weather, breathing the air and feeling the wind softly touch my face until we found a sign pointing to the Tjampuhan river, one of the famous river in Ubud. I couldn`t keep my urge not to step off my bicycle and walk toward it. Christina happily jumped off her bicycle and immediately stepped down the stairs. We passed some women carried a basket of water in their head, and some men carried bundles of grass for their animal. They greeted us in Balinesse which neither me nor Christina understand, but still we answered by saying “Hallo Ibu or Bapak” means “Hello Madam or Sir” and politely saying we don’t speak their language. Anyways, I saw Christina was so happy that she might not realize that we had to work hard to reach the river. I firstly assumed there were 300 stairs which turned out to be 400 after we counted them on the way up. But the number of the stairs was nothing, the pain on the muscles was painless, the heavy and tired breath was immediately gone when we finally touched the water, listened to the nature. It was truly a bliss.
I felt my soul merged with the river. My hearing was making love to its sounds, as far as I could see, my eyes were relished. Slowly I closed my eyes, trying to see all those beauty with my heart, I was savoring the good feeling from each and every sense that I have. I could feel nature hugged me. I felt save, I felt being protected, and I gave my gratefulness.

I brought that happiness home and was overwhelmed with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment