Thursday, March 17, 2016

A bay of descending dragons, Ha Long Bay


When my brain refused to work on my project, writing is the only switch button and way to keep my insanity. I guess I will just use this hibernating moment to write something that I promised long time ago (and make it up with my project tonight when I got some inspiration).

This time about a Bay of Descending Dragons, Ha Long Bay


“Have fun in Ha Long Bay”

Huong opened the door of her apartment.

Typical Cruise Boat
Carefully I gave a kiss to her sweet 1 year old girl that she carried in her hand. Huong’s apartment was my sanctuary in Hanoi, in between my trips. She was so generous to let me stay and treat me as her new family.


I tried to walk as fast as I can fighting the January Cold in Hanoi. I saw the minivan that will take me about 170 km to a very famous spot in Vietnam, Ha Long Bay, as soon as I reached the end of the aisle from Huong’s apartment.

There were already group of people that will share the tour with me. After a few chit chats, I found out that most of my groups came from the UK. But there were Emilio, a guy with a camera from the Philippines. It was easy for him to impress me with all his travels. Somehow, it inspired me. Thanks Emilio.


View from TITOP Island
As soon as we reached the Ha Long City, we were transferred to a nice boat. There were rows of bedrooms in the lower deck, communal place (for karaoke and restaurant) in the medium level, and open space with many lounge chairs for sun bathing (well, of course it would not happen during my visit due to wrong season) at the upper deck.


Cruising along the famous sea in between 2000 islets gave me different perspective. At first, I only could see the arrogant tall limestones behind the mist. Seems so far, mysterious and unreachable. But as we cruised closer through the mist, the arrogant tall limestones became the prettiest stars that standing proudly in the sea. It gave me a very warm feeling admiring the power that placed those beautiful stones. 


Warewolf game ended up with terrible Hangover
At some points of the tour, we had a chance to jump off the boat and hiked the highest peak of one of the island, TITOP Island, explored the surprised cave, Hang Sun Sot, and kayaked around the floating village. The activities bounded the group so well. We spent the rest of the evening dancing to a “Ganggam Style”, singing karaoke with our silly voices and playing “Warewolf” game. At the end of the each game, the one who was losing, should take a strong mix of alcohol shoot. And oh Boy, he had a terrible hangover the next day. Poor guy!


Enjoying the dawn
The next morning, when everyone was sleeping, I got myself to the upper level. The sun was not yet shining. I closed my eyes and mindfully moved my body to some cycles of Sun Salutation. I breathed to the tranquillity and peaceful moment. I didn’t know how long I sat there watching to the layers of mist slowly disappeared along with the coming of the warm and yet shy sun.
  

The best thing were, this journey to  a mystical nights in between 2000 islets, this journey to a World's new 7 wonders and one of UNESCO World Heritage Site rejuvenated me. I was indeed need a good holiday.

Now your turn to find your way to this magical place.

Some more pictures:

Typical room
Kayaking

The surprised cave

TITOP Point


Hangout at the upper deck




 

No comments:

Post a Comment